Mission, Vision and Values
To provide leadership in all aspects of Laboratory Medicine, including service, education, and research, with the pursuit of excellence, encouragement of innovation and adherence to exemplary professional standards. The mission of the Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine Program shall be supportive of the missions of the participating hospitals and of McMaster University.
The vision of the HRLMP is:
- Clinical and academic leadership in the Central South Region of Ontario
- A single influential, academic organization with an entrepreneurial approach
- High quality patient care through effective and efficient use of laboratory resources
- Maximal provision of specialized and reference clinical laboratory services for the Central South Region
- Responsive to changing clinical, service, academic, technological and fiscal needs
- Commercialized applied research and internationally recognized expertise
- Balance between generalists and specialists
- Serve as a Canada-wide reference center for laboratory testing consultation.
HRLMP Organizational Values
The staff within HRLMP will demonstrate the following values as they conduct their day to day activities. HRLMP values are aligned with both Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton and reflect:
- Respect: We will treat every person with dignity and courtesy.
- Caring: We will act with concern for the well being of every person.
- Innovation: We will be creative and open to new ideas and opportunities.
- Accountability: We will create value and accept responsibility for our activities.